Smallmouth Bass Fishing Forums  

Smallmouths.com Home | Featured Smallmouth Articles | Smallmouth Blog | RiverSmallies

Go Back   Smallmouth Bass Fishing Forums > Tackle and Gear

Tackle and Gear Rods, reels, lures, line, rod building, lure making and other fishing gear.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Default Timonium (Md) Fishing Expo and Boat Show

I did not attend this show and haven't for the past two years, Did anyone get down there this weekend?

dadTB
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Avid Angler

Don't waste your time or gas.

Allen
Old 01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
New Angler

Went Thursday, sad. Lot's of empty spaces, A few vendor's were not even set up at the opening bell 12 noon. Boat hall was not what it used to be. On the plus side, there was plenty of room to walk around and in the boat hall the boats were not all crammed together. Kudos to Susquehanna Fishing Tackle from Pa. for being there. They brought some "worth" to the fishing tackle side of the show.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Angler

My neighbor was helping out at SFT's booth. He said it was as sparse as he's ever seen it. He said there wasn't anybody around 2 hours before the Baltimore/Pittsburgh game. I would imagine the people in charge of the show would attribute poor sales to that. That show has really gone downhill the last several years and it's a real shame.

Daryl
Old 01-18-2011, 04:16 PM

I agree, Daryl. The show has been going downhill year after year.

Do you remember when they had two buildings? The second building on the hill was filled with fly fishing and tying exhibits.

All three rooms in the lower building (Main Bldg) were used. There was a saltwater and bigger fiberglass boats in the room to the left, the center room was all tackle and fishing gear, and the room to the right was all bass fishing boats.

That was at least 7 years ago, because I attended in a wheel chair after my first hip replacement and I remember seeing Jeff Little with his Wilderness Kayaks in the room with the bigger boats... I have a pic of some of us gathered with Jeff and me in the wheelchair.

Those were the good shows! Breakfast gatherings with the gang and a lot of fellowship before heading to the show. Big Al Pugh dressed like a Bumble Bee for the fishing glue booth... The Sham-Wow style towels with the towel girls...

We started to see the fall of the economy right after that year.